The Moving StarCall of Cthulhu Writing
THE MOVING STAR
A slow burn Call of Cthulhu scenario set in a cyberpunk future.
The year is 2936. Almost half of Earth’s land is now a watery and icy wasteland, but thanks to the discovery of wormhole technology humans have been exploring outer space. For the last 200 years humanity has colonized a planet christened ‘Spero’, where 70% of the human race now lives.
Board The Moving Star, the largest commercial spacecraft travelling between Earth and Spero – we at The Moving Star promise you a journey you will never forget.
– For Call of Cthulhu 7th edition.
– Players are a band of famous detectives who get caught up in a strange case of disappearances. Think Agatha Christie meets Under the Skin.
– For 2 to 4 players, best suited for those already acquainted with Call of Cthulhu, this scenario includes new rules allowing investigators to have cyborg enhancements, and includes a number of red herrings which might trip-up new players.
– Game Length 12 to 18 hours, best played in 5 or 6 sessions of 2 to 3 hours.
– LGBTQIA+ friendly. In this futuristic world people of the LGBTQIA+ community are normalized in society at large. Thanks in part to the popularity and normalization of body modifications in mainstream society non-binary and transgender people are seen as commonplace. However this is not an utopian future, human conflict still exists but this scenario avoids some of the problems and limitations of playing LGBTQIA+ investigators in classic Call of Cthulhu time periods like the 1920s.
– Encourages Diversity. Because the landscape of Earth has changed so drastically people from different ethnic backgrounds have been brought together. Societies are now more ethnically mixed. Again, this is not a utopian future, conflict still exists between people of different socio-economic backgrounds, theological beliefs and between Earth-born and Spero-born citizens, however players are free to play ethnically diverse investigators without roleplaying historic, or current, racial conflicts.
My Lucky, Lucky Neko PillowIllustration
My Lucky, Lucky Neko Pillow, now available to buy from redbubble.
Posters available to buy from redbubble.com